Sparks Babe Ruth Coaches Information (additional)
Please note the following regarding coaching applications and certification:
- Cal Ripken Coaching certification does not apply so you will need to complete the Advanced level certification regardless of Cal Ripken credentials.
- Once you are selected as a Team Manager you must select a coach prior to tryouts. If that coach has a player, you will have to add him to your roster prior to the draft. If not, that player will be eligible to be drafted by any other team. You are allowed only ONE managers and ONE coaches option for the draft
- Additionally, you are able to select up to 2 additional coaches for a total of 4 team staff members excluding team scorekeeper
- Coaches clinics are mandatory and required when announced. From time to time we will request assistance from local high school baseball coaches to help our program feed theirs appropriately. The fee to you is nothing however their time is valuable to them and subsequently to Sparks Babe Ruth. We appreciate your compliance.
- All Managers selected will be required to obtain a sponsor for their team ($450). Details will be given at the Managers/Coaches meeting TBD shortly. If you cannot priovide a sponsor for your team you may not manage your team with any proximity to the team dugout until you acquire those resources. Sponsor fees MUST BE PAID prior to the first game of the season else the Team Manager must sit and cannot manage that team until they meet the sponsorship requirements.
- Managers will be able to select their own coaches however the coach selections must complete the coaches cetification, background check and sexual awareness programs also. For the safety of the children and the integrity of the league, please select your coaches wisely.
- Managers and Coaches are required to be uniformed and must provide their own team baseball pants/jersey. Sparks Babe Ruth will provide the Manager and Coach with a baseball cap.
- If there are issues with your background prior to applying, or if during the course of the season you encounter challenges Sparks Babe Ruth Baseball League will examine and discuss the issue privately and separately with you however Sparks Babe Ruth Baseball League, Inc. reserves the right to terminate your managing/coaching elligibility/obligation at any time.
- Any new coaches certified from any other jurisdiction, state or city must provide proof of certification prior to consideration as a manager or coach in Sparks Babe Ruth Baseball. Verification must be provided to the SBR league Player Agent upon completion of the program. You will not be considered to coach or manage a team without certification. This is a mandatory national league rule. Every team manager and his coaches must complete the course in order to participate.
- After completing any/all certifications (Advanced baseball, Sexual awareness and Background checks) you must email or provide verification of completing said certifications prior to the start of the current year baseball season.
- If you are a 2018 returning manager/coach and completed certification last season you are exempt from testing again, (you will still need to supply certification credentials).