2017 Coaching Information
Coaching information effective Spring 2013 baseball season:
- Team availability is determined by player registration numbers and returning manager/coaches to their respective teams, (MAIN DIVISION ONLY) prior to tryouts.
- If you are interested in Managing or Coaching a team you must fill out a manager/coach request form at player registration. You will not be considered for a coach/manager position without this form completed and handed in.
- A coaches background check will be performed followed by an interview process from the board to ensure you are a good fit for the league and vice versa. You will be notified of your request status immediately following the interview.
- All new/incoming managers and coaches must complete the National Babe Ruth League Coaching Certification program - Coaching Advanced Baseball: The Ripken Way for Babe Ruth Baseball Coaches. Additionally any new coaches certified from any other jurisdiction, state or city must provide proof of certification prior to consideration as a manager or coach in Sparks Babe Ruth Baseball. Verification must be provided to the SBR league Player Agent upon completion of the program. You will not be considered to coach or manage a team without certification. This is a mandatory national league rule. Every team manager and his coaches must complete the course in order to participate. The fee for the certification is $24.95. If you are a 2011 returning manager/coach and completed certification last season you are exempt from testing again, (you will still need to supply certification credentials). Lastly, Cal Ripken Coaching certification does not apply so you will need to complete the advanced level certification regardless of Cal Ripken credentials.
- Coaches clinics are mandatory and required when announced. We have requested assistance from local high school baseball coaches to help our program feed theirs appropriately. The fee to you is nothing however their time is valuable to them and subsequently to Sparks Babe Ruth. We appreciate your compliance.
- All Managers selected will be required to obtain a sponsor for their team. Details will be given at the Managers/Coaches meeting TBD shortly. Managers will be able to select their own coaches however the selections will undergo the interview process as well. For the safety of the children and the integrity of the league, please select your coaches wisely. Additionally, Managers and Coaches are required to be uniformed and must provide their own team baseball pants/jersey. Sparks Babe Ruth will provide the Manager and Coach with a Socks, Belt, and Cap.
- If there are issues with your background prior to applying, or if during the course of the season you encounter challenges Sparks Babe Ruth Baseball League will examine and discuss the issue privately and separately with you however Sparks Babe Ruth Baseball League, Inc. reserves the right to terminate your managing/coaching elligibility/obligation at any time.
The above is subject to change or modification without notice.
For additional coaching certification details click HERE to go to the coaches information page