2022 Coaching Information
Coaching information effective Spring 2020 baseball season:
In order to qualify as a Manager or Coach for Babe Ruth baseball you must perform all of the following tasks. Keep in mind that team availability is determined by player registration numbers and returning manager/coaches to their respective teams prior to tryouts. The below requirements MUST be met in order to qualify for these positions:
- Complete the Manager vetting (board members will invite you to discuss your baseball and managerial experience)
- You must provide a team sponsor(s) that totals $450 donated to Sparks Babe Ruth League, Inc.
- You must download, print and fill out the Manager/Coach request form in advance by clicking HERE.
- As a team selected Manager, If your child is on your team, you MUST fill out an Sparks Babe Ruth Player Option form. You can download this form by clicking HERE
- You must also create an account on Sports Signup Play! Please CLICK HERE
- All new and incoming (as well as existing) Managers, Coaches, support staff who come in direct contact with player personnel must complete background screening and sexual abuse prevention training in order to qualify as volunteer staff. No exclusions, no debate. The fee for the training and background check is $25.50, payable online. Please refer to the following resource for additional information: Background Screen & Sexual Abuse Prevention. You will be notified if there are any issues immediately and privately. The background check is a standard requirement by all organizations who solicit volunteers to work with children on any level.
- All new/incoming managers and coaches must complete the National Babe Ruth League Coaching Certification program - Coaching Advanced Baseball: The Ripken Way for Babe Ruth Baseball Coaches. The fee for the certification is $24.95. Please CLICK HERE
The above is subject to change or modification without notice.
- Any questions pertaining to the above, please contact/email the SBR Vice President 13-15 division by clicking here
For additional coaching certification details click HERE to go to the coaches information page